Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application from Lijuan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lijuan

Application from Lijuan Empty
PostSubject: Application from Lijuan   Application from Lijuan I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 5:07 pm

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question.

Your Characters Name:

My character is named Lijuan

Your Characters Gender:

Female

Your Characters Age:

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:

25 february 1988

Your Characters Race:

Khitan

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:

I have been involved in roleplay in AoC (was a founder member of and officer in Dark Desires on Aquilonia), which involved roleplay in a similar field to that of House of the Rose. I have also been a member of roleplaying guilds on Aion and Perfect World, and ran a guild for 3 years on Final Fantasy XI which involved some roleplay.

----

Where did you hear about the House of the Rose?:

I spoke to a friend in Dark Desires, a similar guild on Aquilonia of which I am a member and she mentioned the name. I have only recently returned to AoC after a break and, whilst I have rejoined DD on Aquilonia, I am a little depressed at the current wave of mindless ganking on that server (as a result of the expansion) and am going to play for at least some of the time away from that atmosphere.

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:

I have been keen on RP for a long time and the particular area in which House of the Rose appears to operate is one with which I am familiar and which I enjoy a great deal.

What position do you see your Character in the House of the Rose?

I envisage Lijuan as a courtesan/lady of pleasure. I have some experience of playing this type of role and enjoy it. I try to play with sincerity as a serious roleplayer.

----

What dates/times do you play?:

I am available at most reasonable times and on most days

[size=18]What day would be best to play your House of the Rose Character?:

At any time really. I can be flexible as I work from home. I am happy to fit in with whatever would suit other people.
(Text Here)
Back to top Go down
Phoenicia

Phoenicia

PostSubject: Re: Application from Lijuan   Application from Lijuan I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 5:41 pm

One thing you will frequently see me remind the members of is that 'we are not Dark Desires'. Before we continue, you are aware that the House is not centered around ERP?
Back to top Go down
Lijuan

PostSubject: Re: Application from Lijuan   Application from Lijuan I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 6:35 pm

Phoenicia wrote:
One thing you will frequently see me remind the members of is that 'we are not Dark Desires'. Before we continue, you are aware that the House is not centered around ERP?

That is absolutely fine - there is far more to the game than that. I have always thought that ERP should be entirely a private arrangement between individuals who wish to take part in it.
Back to top Go down
Phoenicia

Phoenicia

PostSubject: Re: Application from Lijuan   Application from Lijuan I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:25 am

Lijuan wrote:
That is absolutely fine - there is far more to the game than that. I have always thought that ERP should be entirely a private arrangement between individuals who wish to take part in it.

Let me be a tad more blunt; our primary concern is to provide an open RP platform for the server. If I catch House members stealing other House members away for their own private little orgy while there are guests to be spoken to, plots to be entertained etcetera, there will be problems. ICly and OOCly.
Back to top Go down
Lijuan

PostSubject: Re: Application from Lijuan   Application from Lijuan I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:43 pm

I would have no intention of any such thing, I assure you! I understand that membership of a guild involves responsibilities towards the guild as a whole and that these take precedence over whatever private arrangements there may be. I fully understand your concern, given the DD background. I hope that this reply will clarify matters a little. At any rate, I will try.

May I, in turn, be perfectly clear. I am not seeking to join House of the Rose in order to gratify some obsession which I have with ERP. Very far from it! I regard ERP as an interesting part of roleplay but that is all. It is by no stretch of the imagination anything more than that. Obviously, if the whole idea were unattractive to me, I wouldn't be interested in playing a courtesan - that's common sense, after all. But I would regard it in the main as a means to various ends (making money, 'pillow talk' spying, etc, etc) in the game context and not as an end in itself.

One of the issues which I had with Dark Desires in the early days was the tendency of a substantial number of members to indulge in individual or group ERP when there were clients to attend to, plots to be hatched or spying to be done. It was often difficult actually to get people to attend to business (ie paying clients). As an officer at the time, I would quite frequently get a request from a client for female companionship and find it almost impossible to get anybody, which meant that I had to provide the service myself far more frequently than I would have otherwise wished, when I had other things to do, in order to try to preserve the Guild's reputation (obviously, it isn't good at all to have customers who don't get the service which they wish). Quite frankly, I got thoroughly fed up with it after a while.

It also seriously concerned me that there were certain individuals who appeared to go out of their way to 'capture' new recruits (especially if they were submissives). This caused a considerable degree of trouble and was something which I utterly deplored.

Sitting around in The Serpent for ages in a ridiculously self-absorbed group oblivious of all that was going on around me was not what I regarded as a productive exercise at all.

The above were some of the reasons which caused me to leave DD.

The fact that it sounds very much as though this is NOT the way in which House of the Rose carries on is a great relief to me because I was worried about it (knowing nothing about how your guild operated before speaking to you). I am anxious to fit in - all I am looking for is the opportunity to roleplay with some like-minded people in a believable context and nothing else. Please forgive me for being blunt in my turn, but my emotional and physical needs are very adequately catered for by my husband and I DON'T require any artificial substitutes!

I have tried to be as open and honest as possible here and hope I have caused no offence. Of course, I'll be happy to provide any other information required.
Back to top Go down
Phoenicia

Phoenicia

PostSubject: Re: Application from Lijuan   Application from Lijuan I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:05 pm

You're quite forgiven for being blunt. In fact, that was the most refreshing read I've had for a while now! Looks like your issues with DD are precisely the issues I want to stop the House from having.

Look us up near the well ICly and we'll do an interview. A lot of us are doing the expansion at the moment, so nudge myself, Talai, Deidia, Eolaine or Ainoce with a tell so we can arrange something,
Back to top Go down
Lijuan

PostSubject: Re: Application from Lijuan   Application from Lijuan I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Thank you for your kindness.

At the moment I am 'tied up in Tortage' (and I am NOT talking about some form of bondage, here! Laughing ). But as soon as I escape, I will let one of you know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application from Lijuan   Application from Lijuan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application from Lijuan
Page 1 of 1