Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application: Maximilius

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maximilius

Application: Maximilius Empty
PostSubject: Application: Maximilius   Application: Maximilius I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:24 pm

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question.

Your Characters Name:
Character name Maximilius. Not sure what you mean by global handle.

Your Characters Gender:
Male

Your Characters Age:
28 years

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
31/05/79

Your Characters Race:
Aquilonian

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
My first mmorpg is Ultima Online, started late 2000, got involved in RP in 2001 on the Lake Superior server (no idea why, it's American, I live in the UK). Transferred to Europa server in 2005 where I played on and off. I've also RPed on Neverwitner Nights 1 & 2 heavy RP perma-death servers. RPed a bit in Star Wars Galaxies. I've played tons more mmorpgs but those are the ones I mainly RPed in. I've been an officer in Europa's 2nd largest RP guild and have experience running events, some hunts with a RP story, others social based. I've also experience RPing in an underworld environment. My main RP exerience in AoC is on the Aquilonia server, I've transferred the character over.

----

Where did you hear about the House of the Rose?:
Forums and in-game

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
It's a heavy RP guild,. with an underworld theme. I like the 'low' fantasy theme, i.e the people aren't heroes or evil villains bent on world domination so much as normal people, some good, some bad.

What position do you see your Character in the House of the Rose?//
Information broker, spy. A brothel is likely to see a lot of visitors, many rich and powerful, which would make it an ideal hub from which to gather information. I'd also like the character to have a more respectable 'front', possibly as some kind of Advocate (early kind of unofficial lawyer. In Roman times in legal disputes, there would be an advocate for each side involved) ensuring that the proper officials are paid off and to negotiate with potential adverseries. In roman times advocates were apparently trained more in rhetoric than law. It shouldnt be confused with the modern interpretation of lawyers.

The character is a dark Templar, a few levels shy of 80 and so can get invovled if more physical action is required.

----

What dates/times do you play?:
I work a rotating shift pattern so it varies week to week. I work 2 early shifts, 2 late shifts, 2 night shifts and then 4 days off.

What day would be best to play your House of the Rose Character?:
See above.
Back to top Go down
Veol

Veol

PostSubject: Re: Application: Maximilius   Application: Maximilius I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:30 pm

I can't help being currious, but could it be that Maxim (Ex. Pilgrim of Wisdom, Ex. Serpents Accendant) are the same character as Maximilius?
I'm asking because I remember Maxim having a two characters being the same one with a slightly longer than Maxim, and meeting Maximilius yesterday I found the simmilarities striking.
Back to top Go down
Maximilius

PostSubject: Re: Application: Maximilius   Application: Maximilius I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Nope, just transfered the char over from Aquilonia. I'm treating him as the same character he was there, albeit he was known as Gaius there. Sadly that name was taken here.

He was enslaved at an early level by two Stygians (played by two Ultima Online guildmates I've known since 2005 - a little playful revenge for our UO interactions. When our trio wasn't scheming together they were scheming against each other). Anyway, I've kept the char the same in the hopes the other two may also come over to this server. The change of name is an attempt to lie low.

ETA: Realised I missed out the 'stand out RP moments' on my app:

The smaller guild I was in for a few years was a RPed Tavern (a UO player-house customised as a tavern and smugglers den) that acted as a front for smuggling shade in Vesper (nighshade- a reagent we RPed as a narcotic). My char was officially a bartender but also worked for the bar manager in criminal enterprises. We also did our own thing.

Some stand out moments were us dressing up as members of the in-game religious order, collecting money for war orphans. On one occasion I'd evoked the wrath of a guardsman and was hunted. A fellow guildie was held hostage and my escape attempt failed. My char was flogged and warned of sterner consequences if it happened again. Needless to say char pissed off the guards again (easily done when they were out in force). I escaped and snuck back dressed as a knight, with a fake wig, beard and a random npc name showing where my own should (UO has disguise kits for rogues). After a while acting as the adventure seeking hero-type, I had to renew my disguise kit (2 hour timer) and returned with different armour, this time dressed as a Templar belonging to an in-game religious order.

Within minutes soldiers rival guild (Cove) showed up, led by the Preceptor of this fanatical religious order - who denounced my char as a fraud. They tried to arrest my char at which point a brawl broke out. Our RP community had most RP guids permanently warred with one another to allow RP pvp anywhere, anywhen. It was a fun night for RP, all random spontanious stuff.

A couple of years after, I returned to UO and joined the char to my 'main' guild, the 2nd largest on the server, roleplaying as the guards and citizens of a town, with our own player-housing located outside it's walls (the town of Cove for those familiar with UO). The bar manager and a fewothers from the previous guild were part of it, working for that town's tavern. At the point I returned, those running the tavern and the other guild's tavern that we'd worked for previously were all involved in a tavern war, with hired assassins involved. The tavern manager was the wife of the Guard Commander, and the manager was ousted from his job. The Baron hired him as Bailiff, making him responsible for taxing the people. The Bailiff, taking advantage of the fact our town RPed being mistrustful of elves and mages, set up a tax scheme which persecuted them. 50 coins per pointy ear, 10 coins per spell in their spellbook etc. Mage-elves had a bad time of it Smile

Having a well-deserved reputation as a rogue in other towns, this manager-turned-bailiff also hired my own char and other underworld types as tax collectors. Needless to say the elves and mage characters opposed this, leading to the Bailiff being assaulted regularly by masked elves opposing the tax. My disguise kits meant my own identity as a taxman in addition to bartender was never uncovered.

I also ran tavern events such as darts, quizes and gambling - UO had playable dice, chess/checkers boards and dart boards. I also ran a few Jousts as we had lances that dismounted riders.

Sorry, gone on for ages and could go on for ages more Smile. The gist of it is, I've had plenty of memorable RP meoments, be it events, RPed wars, brawls, and especially shadowy stuff like smuggling, assassination attempts and espionage. Our underworld ventures usually failed, but that added to the fun of it.

Oh, Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2. The NWN engine was pretty poor, but the servers were perma-death which was great, as was having Dungeon Masters running events. Exciting stuff, logging on only to find out half of your scout comrades got wiped out the previous night in a battle gone wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: Maximilius   Application: Maximilius I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application: Maximilius
Page 1 of 1